Aaahh.. a screen capture. Never trust a daughter.
She’s right though. G+ hangouts are excellent, and free.
messing around on G+’s chat with Dad the other day… it’s actually a really good program, if I can talk Kaninchen into getting a G+ account then I may ditch Skype for it.
10 random things about this human
Everybody’s doing it… who am I to fight it?
1. Vedantan at heart, non-dualist. See the truth and illusion in all religions, including the religion of atheism.
2. If I had independent means I would travel the world with an 8x10 camera… No, make that a 20x24.
3. Know a lot of languages rather poorly - including Hindi, Urdu, French, Motu, Engan, Korean, Sanskrit, Indonesian. Currently studying Sanskrit.
4. Born and live in Australia but regard Papua New Guinea as my home.
5. Father, grandfather and husband. Love them all.
6. Have been told my voice sounds like that of Mr Burns from the Simpsons. Have also been told my voice is calming. Not sure how those work together.
7. Wish I could draw or paint. Hopeless with my hands, though I used to be a good surgeon.
8. Favourites: movie - 2001. author - toss-up between Tolkein, PK Dick & Rushdie. music - too many to choose - Bach, Zappa, Richard Thompson, Incredible String Band, Asad Ali Khan. photographer - Adams, Lee Gap Chul.
9. Omnivorous. Will eat anything that tastes good.
10. Dislike cities, crowds, stupidity, greed, cruelty, grammar nazis, fundamentalism.
Could say more. I work as a veterinarian, but my heart is more in language and art, music and photography. Want to learn Rudra veena and how to make daguerreotypes. Have been healthy all my life but this body gives a lot of pain lately. Bodies are like that…
10 years ago - teachers’ excursion to Suwon Folk Village, Korea.
A decade ago I worked in an English academy in Shihwa, Korea. On 26th June 2002 Just the teachers went on a trip to the folk village. I’m not sure who the kids are.
We had a barbecue and I went for a walk in the woods and caught an adder by the tail.